Episode 9 Summary
Zakiyrah and Mikey take the time in episode nine to express tips and tools best used for successful marketing strategies in the hair industry. They delve into the importance of hair business women and men to run Facebook ads, collecting emails, running tests to be sure advertising techniques are working, paying attention to marketing podcasts and making promotional and tutorial hair business YouTube videos that people will quickly share.
Zakiyrah and Mikey let listeners know that Instagram now lets users tag products in their business pages and the benefits of using Moz.com for search engine optimization to create web traffic, and Canva for business cards and price lists.
- Zakiyrah and Mikey give an overview of today’s show: Marketing Techniques
- They discuss their week: collecting emails, running Facebook ads, running tests, listening to marketing podcasts, YouTube marketing
- Zakiyrah announces the new pricelists, using Canva for business cards and price lists.
- Instagram letting users tag products in their business page – requires Facebook page connected to Instagram, shop tab activated in Facebook and add products, photos 800×800 size
- How to start at the lowest price
- Sync products and make them clickable to your website
- Marketing tips: Consistently post, use the proper hashtags, like and respond to what other people share, video posting about hair education, avoid overselling with posts
- Video vs. Photo Ads
- With marketing, you have to test stuff to see what works, let Facebook ad run for 2 weeks, no more than $20 a day with 6 different images
- Cross marketing for hair brands, tap into their audience, partnerships, and referrals
- Learn how to building genuine and authentic relationships
- Social proof of buys your product with client selfies
- Your website is never going to be done, importance of analytics,
- Blogs and domain authority ratings
- Moz.com for search engine optimization
- Looking for other guest suggestions – Leave your suggestions in the comments below.
- Join the community for hair business owners – Start a Hair Business Facebook Group
- Closing summary
3 Key Points
- Instagram letting users tag products on their business page
- Test your Facebook ads and use video ads.
- Cross promote with others in your industry.
“Instagram is now allowing you to tag products on your business page.” – Mikey.
“Be consistent. So if you are posting daily using the proper hashtags.” – Zakiyrah
“Follow the 80/20 rule. 80% content, 20% sales.” –Zakiyrah.
Canva – business branding tools
@Zakiyrah – Zakiyrah’s Instagram
Zakiyrahficklin.com – Her 20 Somethings Book
Moz.com – search engine optimization