- Follow @kendallficklin on Instagram
- A lot of people don’t know how or when to get started on their business.
- Kendall says start right now, it’s urgent.
- The clock tells you what time it is and the hourglass tells you how much time you have left.
- For a true entrepreneur, there’s no time except now.
- The founder of PayPal had four failed businesses first, but he kept going.
- Almost two years went by where Kendall did free speaking engagements. His first check was for $50, the next was for $100, etc.
- You put in the work and you grow with it.
- You’ve got to put all your money, time, effort, sacrifice, and commitment to the business.
- Your business can’t take care of you until you take care of it.
- 90% of businesses fail within a 3-5 year period.
- People who have an average, occupational mindset think they have time and they can coast. These people can’t sustain.
- Most people who want to be an entrepreneur are willing to sacrifice.
- Make sure your business foundation is strong before you quit your 9-5 job.
- What are the three mindset shifts you need to get activated in your business:
- You have to be able to get into the mindset that you’ll turn nothing into something.
- You have to shift from an occupational mindset into an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have to go from mindset to “Grindset.”
- You have to go from thinking like an entrepreneur to actually being one.
- You have to keep motivating people yourself whether you feel like it or not.
- You’re either spending time, wasting time, or investing in time.
- Investing is making a conscious effort to grow your business.
- If you don’t do this, you’ll be playing amateur basketball.
- The definition of business owner is exchanging products and service for commerce.
- What are some of your thoughts on social media?
- From a personal perspective, Kendall doesn’t do social media.
- His business social media is all he has.
- You need to block and track your time, so you know how you’re spending or investing your time.
- You need to know what your DPH (Dollar per Hour) is.
- Ask yourself, am I investing this time in social media, or investing it?
- You need to invest some time learning about your product
- What does ͞effort level͟ look like in terms of business?
- A lot of times people talk about wanting to scale, but it’s just talking.
- Kendall asks them, what are the three most important areas in your life?
- On a scale of 0-100%, how much effort are you putting into each of these areas?
- If it’s important to you, you put in a lot of effort
- You take those numbers, add them up and divide by three to get your average effort score.
- Life is not one-dimensional, you have to put a lot of effort into every area of your life.
- When people see that score, they’re usually shocked.
- If your score isn’t high, you’re saying you want what that looks like, but you’re not willing to do the work.
- Mikey sees a direct correlation between the success of his business and his health.
- If you’re not healthy, it doesn’t matter how successful your business is.
- A lot of people, when they think about entrepreneurship, they’re thinking about money.
- The money is the last thing that comes.
- The money comes after you put in the work.
- You have to have the right mindset and “Grindset.”
- Physically, you can’t do what you do if you don’t feel right.
- If you’re having trouble going to sleep, try counting backwards.
- If you could leave the listeners with one piece of advice, what would it be?
- Get committed, things will shift.
- When the money isn’t there and you don’t know the road to go down, you’ve got to be committed to it.
- Get connected – totally and completely connect to your mission.
- In order for you to get what you need to get done, you’ve got to connect with your vision.
- Your vision for your business won’t get clearer if you don’t keep walking and working.
- If you’re really dedicated to being an entrepreneur:
- Start educating yourself today – read a book, listen to a podcast.
- Health – commit to being healthier.
- Work – Put in the work even when it’s not pretty.
- Start reading the stories of people who are really successful.
- Read about the entrepreneurs who are in your industry.
- Gary V. gives out a ton of free information to entrepreneurs.
- All Kendall’s social media is @KendallFicklan
“For a true entrepreneur, there’s no time except now.”
“You’re either spending time, wasting time, or investing in time.”
Hairbizradio.com – Podcast website
Dropship Bundles – Private Label Extensions Sister Site for drop shipping hair extensions and websites
Private Label Extensions – Wholesale Hair Vendor
Kendall Ficklin – Author, Speaker, Coach
Gary Vaynerchuk – Entrepreneur