Episode 20 Summary
During the 20th episode of Hair Biz Radio, Zakiyrah and Mikey have an enticing interview with Mychael Michelle, also known as Kellz ATL Stylist.
Mychael is the owner of the Atlanta salon Hair Rock Café and the Color Me Sickening hair tour. Learn more about her journey, her success, and her future endeavors.
● Mychael Michelle has been in Atlanta for 7 years and is from Baltimore, Maryland.
● Hair Rock Café has been open for six years and launched her flat iron line called Hair That Rocks.
● She teaches people how to color hair professionally with the Color Me Sickening hair tour for four years now.
● Mychael Michelle started getting into doing hair by going to the salon with her mother, she was an assistant at a salon at 16, and in hair school at 17.
● Aveda Institute is where she studied hair coloring.
● Blonde hair doesn’t last more than a month.
● You have to start at the bottom to make it up to the top.
● Legacy and Beauty Empowerment Brunch offers panels of successful women and opportunities to circulate your products.
● Wig Market is Zakiyrah and Mikey’s wig business.
● Women need to take their business back and be professional and not act like groupies or with a bad attitude.
● Mychael is doing hair for movies now.
● If you are not willing to go broke for your passion then that isn’t your passion.
3 Key Points:
1. Mychael Michelle teaches people how to color hair professionally with the Color Me Sickening hair tour.
2. Never be too big to be somebody’s assistant.
3. You need to be willing to go broke for your passion.
– “I taught this color technique, its called color melting technique, where I literally brought all of the rainbow colors, but I made them pastel and I put them together.” – Mychael Michelle.
– “I’m in the process of renovating my salon and turning it into a day spa.” – Mychael Michelle.
– “If you want to be successful, you have to start at the very bottom.” – Mychael Michelle.
● HairUniversity.co – Hair classes
● @Zakiyrah – Zakiyrah’s Instagram
● Hair Rock Cafe – Website for the Hair Rock Cafe
● @thehairrockcafe – Instagram for the Hair Rock Café
● @kellzatlstylist – Instagram for Mychael Michelle
● Legacy of Beauty – Website for Legacy of Beauty