Episode 16 Summary
In episode 16, Zakiyrah and Mikey identify the 10 ways to grow your hair extension business online, offering up techniques that they actually utilize themselves.
Learn about the power of creating value for customers, promoting your products in useful ways that stimulate sales, and methods that empower you to go above and beyond your social media following and develop connections with influencers and like-minded businesses.
● Zakiyrah and Mikey discuss the new location for Private Label Extension location that under construction: three levels and over 4,000 square feet and the Indian Body Wave product.
● Today’s Topic is 10 Ways to Grow Your Hair Extension Business Online.
● #1 Offering Coupons: Have an expiration date to create a sense of urgency that ends within a week or a week before a holiday.
● #2 Collect Emails: A large social media follow
● #3 Offer Free Shipping over a Certain Amount: You will need to build the shipping in the product price, but increases the average order size.
● #4 Be a Walking Billboard: If you can wear the hair…wear the hair.
● #5 Have a Few Hair Bundles on Hand: Show people what they can purchase online.
● #6 Giveaways: Giving away product in a contest increases brand awareness and raises the chances of getting sales.
● #7 Educated yourself. Turn the different elements of sales into different lanes of skills line online marketing to educate yourself about them.
● #8 Influencer Marketing. Beauty Clout is a company that connects brands with influencers.
● #9 Write Blog Posts. It is a great way to connect customers with quality, useful information and it has been proven to increase sales.
● #10 Business to Business (B2B) Marketing. Collaborate with companies that compliment yours, but are not in competition with you, to cross-promote each other’s products.
3 Key Points:
1. Emails are more golden than social media followers because they increase your reach to people that are actually interested in your industry and products.
2. Get your product in front of people in real life, beyond just sharing digital pictures.
3. Collaborate with companies that are not your competitors but compliment your products and services.
– “Creating emails also helps sales. Because let’s be honest, social media may not be around forever.” – Zakiyrah.
– “Adding value. So, you want to stick with the 80/20 rule: 80% content value, 20% sales.” – Zakiyrah.
– “No one wants to buy a product that the person selling it hasn’t tested out, or is not wearing.” – Zakiyrah.
● HairUniversity.co – Online Hair Business Classes
● @Zakiyrah – Zakiyrah’s Instagram
● Zakiyrahficklin.com – Zakiyrah’s website
● The Daily PlanHer – Zakiyrah’s planner to plan for success
● MailChimp – Favorite Newsletter Service for Small Businesses
● BeautyClout – Website for Influencer Marketing