During the 24th episode of Hair Biz Radio, Zakiyrah and Mikey interview Pallena Foreman, owner of Brow Bar ATL to talk about everything beauty.
– Pallena grew up in the beauty industry and her father was a barber.
– At the age of 16, Pallena started doing makeup because a woman at her church was a celebrity makeup artist.
– Pallena learned makeup on Youtube and then went to cosmetology school to gain a firm foundation.
– When you have a vision, write it down and make it plain.
– When she quit her job, her parents turned their guest room into a studio for her.
– July 8th, 2017 was the grand opening of Brow Bar ATL in Jonesboro, Georgia.
– Pallena discusses what she looks for in the people who she employs.
– Pallena provides some tips for building a clientele base.
– Client follow-up is important, Pallena discusses her methods for keeping in touch when the initial service is over.
– Check out Pallena’s 1-1 makeup classes to learn how to do your own makeup.
– When you’re consistent in your work and get to know people, the success will come.
– Don’t upcharge celebrities, they won’t be back.
– Pallena discusses the products she uses and recommends.
– The first steps you need to take to start your business.
3 Key Points
– Employ the right people who already have a clientele base.
– Be consistent in your work and the success will come.
– Write down your business idea and get it registered, then go from there.
– “Entrepreneurship is an emotional rollercoaster, especially when it’s your baby.”
– “You never know who’s in the room and you are your own walking billboard.”
– “Your card is your key into the door, if your face is on your card they’ll remember you.”
Bookbrowbaratl.as.me – Pallena’s site
Find Pallena on Instagram @BROWBARATL
Contact Pallena at firstname.lastname@example.org