In this, the second episode of Hair Biz Radio, Zakiyrah, and Mikey discuss Facebook and Instagram marketing for the hair industry.
They discuss the various website platforms you should be using and share why Wix may not be the best choice of platform for your website. They also talk about the benefits of tracking your audience using Facebook Pixel and the importance of content marketing to drive traffic.
Tune-in and discover how having a sound strategy and a patience will help you conquer the tough—but NOT impossible—world of online marketing.
- This episode is about Facebook and Instagram Marketing for The Hair Business
- It’s important for you to know your audience and know how to target them
- Currently, we have a team of 12 writers; email us if you are an editor and/or writer interested in joining our team
- Content marketing is important for Facebook and Instagram marketing
- Marketing is a huge struggle for people just starting out in the hair industry
- While there are a lot of good Wix websites, there are lot of sites that do not integrate Wix
- Difficult to manage operations once business scales up
- 38% of all websites are on WordPress
- Facebook marketing and Instagram marketing go hand-in-hand
- Instagram paid ads are set-up through the Facebook Ads office
- Always set up a business account on Instagram and constantly update it
- Ensure that you have a bio that describes exactly what you do; this will drive the people who are actual buyers to your Instagram page
- BOOSTING an Instagram post is a good way to get started
- Check the results via a test run after boosting the post
- Possible to add a link to a boosted post
- Adding your competitors to your Instagram group is a good marketing strategy
- Plug-in on the Chrome browser lets you know if a Facebook Pixel is installed – Facebook Pixel Helper
- Facebook Pixel enables you to track your visitors
- Particularly useful if you are spending marketing dollars
- Remember, EVERYONE struggles with online marketing when they start
- Tips and Tricks for Facebook and Instagram marketing
- Focus on retargeting marketing
- Have specific ads for different durations of time
- No extra work involved since Instagram is already tied-in
- Target folks who add a product to a shopping cart or go to the checkout page and do not buy; Mikey is able to generate 30 to 40 times sales for every dollar spent on such ads
- Attempt to understand what the customer is feeling when you create your ads
- Not necessary for ads to direct to a homepage or product page; you can direct ads to an informative article
- Invest in making good marketing videos
- Facebook is really pushing videos right now
- Possible to make great videos even on an iPhone
- Sometimes, underproduced videos yield better results than overproduced ones
- Take advantage of the cheap ad rates on Facebook
- PixelYourSite Pro lets you determine whether the audience originated from Facebook or Instagram
- Private Label Extension’s Instagram following is growing healthily by 100 people every day
- Avoid adding scammy Instagram followers; sooner or later an Instagram purge will be done and your page will drop in ranking
- If you have a lot of fake followers, it is likely that your normal followers will never see your posts
- Swipe-up feature is a great and cost-effective way of driving traffic
- Let your Facebook ad run for awhile in order to see good results; increase your budget gradually and avoid making sudden spurts
- Facebook ninjas are really expensive; no option for small businesses but to do it themselves
- Mikey and Zarika are great fans of Gary Vaynerchuk
- Mikey quotes Gary, ͞It is a war out there. Go out there and start fighting͟
- Next week we will be talking about collaborating with blogger, YouTubers, and influencers; make sure you tune in next week and don’t forget to subscribe!
- Start a Hair Extension Business – the Facebook Group
- Private Label Extensions the wholesale side of the business
- Dropship Bundles– Great for people who don’t want to have all the photos, pricing sets, and inventory on-hand3
- 1.Use WordPress over Wix—it’s difficult to scale up your business on a Wix platform.
- 2.Use Facebook Pixel to track your visitors AND determine if your visitors are from Instagram or Facebook using FacebookPixel Pro.
- 3.Test your ads on Facebook by allocating a small budget that increases gradually.